Chiang Mai is Thailand’s largest province and Chiang Mai City is Thailand’s second largest.
Chiang Mai was part of the Lanna Kingdom and today is one of the most important regions in Thailand.
More about Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai is accessible by bus, rail, car and air.
- Thai Airways has numerous regular daily flights.
- Rail service from Hualampong takes about 12 hours. Overnight sleepers are available.
- Bus service from the Northern (Chatuchak) Bus Station near the Mochit Sky Train Station. About 12 hours via VIP (24 seat) bus.
- Car – most of the route to Chiang Mai via Route 1 to Lamphang then Route 11 to Chiang Mai is a 4 lane divided highway.
- Chiang Mai Province boasts Doi Inthanon National Park, Wat Doi Suthep, waterfalls, nature treks, whitewater rafting and a variety of traditional and western style entertainment.
Read also : Map of Thailand’s Eastern Seaboard